We’ve created a Magento connect extension to make it even easier to use addwish on your Magento hosted webshop. Watch the video guide below for an explanation of how to get started. Or, scroll down for the text description.
Installing addwish on your Magento webshop
- Log in to your Magento account. Navigate to System –> Magento Connect –> Magento Connect Manager from the main navigation menu.
- Once you are inside the Magento Connect Manager click on the link to the Magento Connect site under the heading “Install New Extensions”. This link will take you to the Magento connect web page.
- Go to the search bar in the top right-hand corner. Type in “addwish” and press enter, and then click on the search result that appears. Click on “Install now” (the big blue button).
- After you have clicked on “Install Now” you will be asked to select either Magento Connect 1.0 or Magento Connect 2.0. Select: Magento Connect 2.0. Accept the terms and conditions by ticking the box – then click “Get Extension Key”. Select this key and copy it to your clipboard.
- Go back to your shop (which should still have Magento Connect Manager open) and paste this extension key in the box under “Install New extensions”.
As an alternative, you can also download the addwish extension package and install it in your shop manually or by uploading it in Magento Connect Manager. Download the addwish extension package for Magento here (newest version is 0.19.2).
Please note: Before you click install it’s important to create a backup of your shop. It’s a good idea to do this every time you install a new extension or make changes to your store.
After you have done this, click “Install” and then “Proceed” to begin the installation.
A black screen will appear with green messages shown on it. Once you see the message “Cache cleaned successfully” the installation is complete. Refresh the page and then click “Return to admin” in the top right-hand corner.
In order to connect the Magento extension with your addwish account, you will need to find your addwish partner ID.
- Logging into your addwish account: addwish.com/company/signin.html. Navigate to Setting in the main navigation, now copy your addwish partner ID to your clipboard.
- Go back to your Magento page.
- Once you are back, a new button should have appeared next to “Dashboard” in the main navigation called “addwish”. Click this and then click “addwish configuration”.
- Under the heading “Script Settings” paste the addwish partner id you just copied, into the box called “Your addwish ID”. Then click "Save".
- Now scroll down to the section called “Data Export Setup”. Check the boxes next to “Product feed” and “Order feed”. This allows addwish to access your product and order feed. In “Feed access settings” addwish's IP address are displayed, which mean only addwish will be able to access the data from your product and order feed.
- Press “Update settings” to save the changes.
Great, you’re ready to go!